Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions



How can an individual report suspected abuse, neglect, misappropriation of an individual with developmental disabilities?
By calling DODD at 1-800-617-6723. Reports can also be made to each local county board of Developmental Disabilities and the list of phone numbers can be found at:

How can an individual with developmental disabilities apply to become enrolled on a Medicaid Waiver?
DODD administers two waivers (level one and individual options). You can learn about eligibility for these waivers and download the paperwork to apply for the waivers at:

How can I find a certified ODADAS provider in my area?
Go to and click on the “Ohio Regional Map-Treatment” for a list contacts divided by region, throughout the state of Ohio.

How do I become certified by ODADAS to render alcohol and drug addiction treatment?
The standards for certification can be found at and the application can be obtained by calling 614-644-8317 or by visiting and visiting the “certification section” and downloading the “application.”

How do I find a provider for DODD services in my area?
Go to and search by location and type of service to find the appropriate service provider in your area.

How do I report suspected Medicaid fraud by DODD providers?
Call (614) 466-6670 or e-mail You can also make an anonymous call to the Ohio Attorney General’s Health Care fraud section at 1-800-282-0515.

Where can I find a certified and licensed mental health care provider in my county?
On DMH’s website, there is a map of providers in each county throughout Ohio. The map can be found at: You can also 1-877-275-6364 for assistance in finding a provider in your area.

Where can I find agencies which provide assistance and support for someone with a mental illness?
At, there is a list of links to local, state and national resources which provide education, support and advocacy for people with mental illness